Tuesday 15 January 2013

Soup season


The weather hasn't been all that chilly lately, but these long dark days have still triggered that synapse in my brain (stomach?) that makes me crave soup. There's something so satisfying about a warm bowl of soup, with the added pleasure of enjoying something homemade.

Last year, my plan was to attempt to make a soup a week. It must have been the sleep deprivation talking - I  was barely able to get fish sticks on the table or correctly place an order with Swiss Chalet, let alone cook something from scratch. This year, I'm going to be a bit more realistic: I will make soup whenever I can, mixing tried-and-true recipes with some new ones, based on what appeals to me in the moment and what ingredients I have handy.

Here are some of the favourite new and tried-and-true soups in our house:

I've also been leafing through all my cookbooks, random pages ripped from magazines, my Pinterest pins and the "Save This Recipe" folder in my Inbox and have flagged these recipes as ones that sound yummy:

Are you drooling yet? Me, too! Good thing I have some leftover tomato soup in the fridge ...

No comments:

Post a Comment