Wednesday 27 June 2012

Straw hat decision time

As you know, one of the items on my summer bucket list is to find the perfect straw hat. Don't ask me why, it's just my latest obsession. Thankfully, there are straw hats everywhere this summer (guess I'm not all that original) so it was pretty easy to find a good selection. The criteria for this straw hat is simple: it has to fit, not look completely ridiculous and be practical - in other words, those huge brim hats were immediately out of the running because of their ridiculousness for anyone under 6 feet tall and impracticality if you plan to chase after two kids all summer.

Shopping was the easy part - I found six hats I liked, all reasonably priced (the most expensive was $27.29 and the cheapest was $7.98). Now the hard part - picking a hat. This is where I need your help. Here are the six hats that made the cut and I need you to tell me which one looks best. 





Now that I see all the pictures I do have some preferences, but I'd also like to hear from you. Leave a comment or send me a quick email (for those of you who haven't figured out how the comments work) and let me know your favourite. I'll announce (and model) the winner in a few days.

4 comments:

  1. Fun!!! I like the shape of hat #3 but I don't think the ribbon is quite your style. Would it be hard to change?
    Or hat #5! It has a certain je ne sais quoi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think #5 suits you best (with #3 in second place).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like 3 on you, but agree with Catharine re ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope I'm not too late to vote. The frontrunner for me is #1.

    ReplyDelete