Thursday 19 July 2012

Some new food favourites

In addition to being a place for me to vent and tell funny stories about my kids, this blog is all about sharing. So in that spirit, here are some favourite new food products I've discovered lately. Enjoy!


It's on my keener mom to-do list to get a waffle maker, but in the meantime, I've just been buying the frozen kind. We've tried a bunch of different brands and flavours and we finally hit a winner with Compliments Banana Waffles (available at Sobeys, Foodland, IGA, Fresh Co. and Price Chopper stores). These smell delicious while they're toasting and are a big hit with both kids - Ella just told me that I need to start buying two boxes a week.

Our new favourite salsa is Neal Brothers All Natural Corn Salsa. I think I got this jar in a Christmas gift box from work, but I've seen this brand around (sometimes in the organic section). It's packed with flavour and a little kick that's totally manageable (although it may be too hot for the kids). Believe me, you have no idea how blah your usual salsa tastes until you try this one!

I know all you loose-leaf tea snobs out there will laugh at me, but I'm pretty loyal to Tetley these days. In particular, their Green and White Tea lines, like the delicious naturally decaf Lychee Pear Green Tea. Yes, the cute packaging played a part in my purchase, but I also really enjoy the light flavours, which are a nice alternative when I want a cup of tea on these hot summer evenings.

Finally, I have to give a triple thumbs up to Tim Hortons' Raspberry Frozen Lemonade, which is perhaps the best thing that's been invented in a long time. Everyone in our family (yes, including Ryan) love these and we're now visiting Tim Hortons several times a week. Thank goodness their $1 price (for a small) means we don't feel guilty about our repeat visits.



No comments:

Post a Comment