Thursday 2 August 2012

August recipe: Cinnamon Crisps with Blackberries & Yogurt.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but I didn't share a recipe for July. My Cooking Light magazine left me uninspired and I decided not to force the issue. I was worried that the same thing would happen in August, until I stumbled on the recipe for Cinnamon Crisps with Blackberries and Yogurt - I thought the crisps part of the recipe sounded interesting and easy.

I couldn't find wonton or egg roll wrappers at the store (and couldn't be bothered to ask), so I used dumpling/perogy wrappers which were near the fresh pasta and they worked just fine, although they took a few minutes longer to get crispy and golden. And while I definitely like the idea of serving these with yogurt, we used them to fancy-up frozen yogurt with fresh Ontario peaches. Yum!

Cinnamon Crisps with Blackberries and Yogurt
8 wonton or egg roll wrappers, cut in half diagonally
Cooking spray
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups plain fat-free Greek yogurt
1 cup blackberries
4 teaspoons honey

1.  Preheat oven to 400.
2.  Arrange wonton wrappers in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly coat wrappers with cooking spray. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over wrappers; bake at 400 for 3 minutes or until crisp and slightly browned. Set the wrappers aside to cool slightly.
3.  Layer 6 tablespoons yogurt, 1/4 cup berries, and 1 teaspoon honey into each of 4 bowls. Serve each with 4 wonton crisps.

1 comment:

  1. The wonton wrappers are where the fresh pasta is, beside the tofu, across from the deli meats. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete