Saturday 18 August 2012

Finally! Our stair railings have been painted

The last few weeks have been a bit hectic, not the least because I've gotten myself a new job. Yup, my life as a SAHMFN (stay-at-home mom for now) is coming to an end. I have mixed feelings about this, but I'm saving all that rigmarole for another post.

What I really want to tell you about today is that between interviews and agonizing, I finally got around to painting the railings of our front hall stairs. Quite a while ago (3 1/2 months ago, to be exact) I wrote about three projects I wanted to complete within two weeks, and told you that if I didn't get them done in that timeframe you could do something horrible to me. Well, either you guys can't read a calendar or you're just too nice; I'm going with the latter.

That anti-procrastination technique clearly didn't work, but the good news is that I did finally get this project (and the two others on the list) done. Voila!

Our front hall stairs - BEFORE
Our front hall stairs - AFTER

I find the effect is a bit underwhelming, especially considering what a pain this project was. The painting itself was easy and kind of fun, but I spent hours and hours sanding and taping and then removing tape and fixing up my mistakes. However, I am very happy with the result and I'm already trying to decide what is going to get painted next. I've got lots of paint left but probably not a lot of free time thanks to my new job!

No comments:

Post a Comment