Saturday 14 July 2012

Straw hat: the winner!

Thank you to everyone who voted on my straw hat choices. Here are the results.

Hat #1 received several emphatic "yes" votes. It was one of the very first hats I bought. It's from Walmart and cost $14. I really like the slightly masculine styling of the hat and the darker colour. What you can't tell from the picture, is that it's just a bit tight on my head and I was afraid that in the hot weather it would drive me nuts.


Hat #5 was also a popular choice. It's a Ralph Lauren hat that I bought at The Bay on sale for $24. I actually liked the way this hat looked in the store, better than in this picture. Unfortunately, I thought it was a bit too white and 'afternoon tea' for me (I'm just not a Ralph Lauren kind of gal).





And so the winner is ... Hat #3, which is from Forever 21 and cost $12.80. It received a number of votes and was my going-in favourite. I agree that the lace ribbon it came with is a little demure, so I've replaced it with something more modern looking. Here's the updated look, using some of the fun filters on Instagram:


And because I can't keep anything simple, I've actually found another hat for consideration (when I went to return the ones from The Bay). I'm definitely keeping the one above for everyday use, but I'm thinking this one could be used for slightly fancier occasions. What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. This newest contender is my penultimate favourite. I like it just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like #3 with the new trim. I also like the new one. You should keep it.

    ReplyDelete