Friday 9 November 2012

Hibernation

Lately I've been feeling like mama bear. My energy level is low, I'm moving slowly and all I want to do is curl up and take a long nap. I'm not sure if it's the time change or the cooler weather or this stubborn head cold I'm fighting, but I can totally appreciate the desire to hunker down for a long winter's nap.

I start every morning with good intentions, but my energy slowly fades over the course of the day and by evening, it's all I can do to brush my teeth and fall into bed after reading Harry Potter (we just started book four!!) to Ella. I have no energy to do errands, make lunches, tidy the house (not that it needs it), do crafts or even do some blog writing, as I'm sure you've noticed. I'm usually in my pyjamas by 7:00 and a few nights this week I read barely a page of my book before passing out.

Part of me thinks my low energy could be due to lack of exercise, but if I believe that then I'd have to find some energy to go to yoga or Zumba. I think I'll stick with my hibernation theory.

I know I can't go all winter going to bed at 9:00 - the chaos in our house will just get to be too much, or I'll get hooked on a new TV show (I heard Homeland is good - anybody out there a fan?) or I may even want to leave the house to meet friends for a drink. But there's plenty of time for all that before the tulips make an appearance.

So for now I think I'll just make a cup a tea and grab my book and ... yawn ...

No comments:

Post a Comment